SEARCH
Search


Lock and Dam 14

Lighthouse Lane, Hampton IL 61256 | 309-794-4357
Visit Quad Cities

The oldest elements of Lock and Dam 14 were built between 1921 and 1924. Those portions were part of the 6-foot channel project and included a canal that let vessels bypass the notorious Rock Island Rapids. Construction on the rest of the lock, part of the 9-foot channel project, began in 1935. The dam consists of 13 Tainter gates and four roller gates. The main lock is on the Iowa side and can raise a vessel up to 11 feet.


Return to Previous Page


WHAT'S NEARBY...

Lock and Dam 14

Visit Quad Cities

Stones Apple Barn

Visit Quad Cities

Fisherman's Corner Recreation Area

Visit Quad Cities