SEARCH
Search


Historic Maeystown

Maeystown Road, Maeystown IL 62256 | 618.458.6660
ILLINOISouth Tourism

Founded in 1852, the entire village of Maeystown is on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally settled by immigrants from southwestern Germany, the Bavarian Rheinpfalz, Jacob Maeys settled here because of his plans to build a sawmill on the large spring at the site. In addition to Zeitinger's Mill, Maey's log home, and the original stone church, sixty historically significant buildings remain, as well as stone walls, flagstone gutters, and structures built into the landscape. Be sure to visit the Corner George Inn, general store, coffee shop, sweet shoppe, museum, and visitors center.


Return to Previous Page


WHAT'S NEARBY...

Maeystown General Store

Georgia Mae's Antiques & Collectibles

Hank & Lilly's Creekside